Well this is the first time I've done a commissioned painting of a dog and the dog has his own Facebook Page. I thought in honor of that I would have to interview him for my newish blog, seeing that he is hooked up with social media. Dieter is a black German Shepherd, living in the San Fracisco Bay area, obviously much loved by his humans.
1. How do you feel about having a portrait done of yourself? I've always been fantastically handsome, so I love it.
2. What artists do you admire? There is nothing like the lovely smell of flowers, so I'd have to say Georgia O'Keeffe.
3. Not all dogs have a FB page. What inspired you to make one? I'm very photogenic, and well loved, so it's a good place to share all of those things. Plus, I have some very impressive poops to share.
4. What do you think about animals that text or have their own twitter account, i.e. Texts with Dog or Glen Bearian? I love Texts with Dog we're definitely on the same brain wave. Emily just won't get me my own cellphone.
5. Can you tell us what your earliest memory is? My first memory is how sick I was on the car ride home for the first time, but then I barfed on the front porch and it was all good from there.
6. What's your favorite activity? My favorite thing to do is working out at the Shutzhund Club. I get to do aggression exercises like attack a guy in a padded suit. It's supposed to make me more obedient. http://www.schutzhundcluboforlando.org/sco_008.htm
7. How do you feel about cats? I love cats they're delicious.
8. What do you like to do while alone? Usually I nap when I'm alone. I'm a people person, for sure.
9. Do you like to listen to music? If so, what's your favorite? Oh I love music, I especially like it when Emily puts on The Police or Fleetwood Mac.
10. Did you make a New Year's Resolution? I've been underwear chewing free since!
11. If you weren't a dog what would you be? If I wasn't a dog I'd be batman.
12. What's you're favorite word and your least favorite word? My favorite word is 'dinner' and I'm not big on 'drop it'.
13. Do you speak German? I know a little German but my accent is shameful.
14. What is your favorite toy? I love the tug rope and it keeps my teeth nice and white.
15. Do you have an answer to the age-old question, what is the meaning of life? Eat, sleep, play, love. That's about all I'm good for!
Bio: Dieter Von Poopenwolf is an AKC registered German Shepherd Dog. Emily got him on August 21, 2011. He enjoys moonlit walks on the beach, beef carpacio, and is a Cancer. There won't be kids in the future, he went under the knife a couple of months ago. The way to his heart is through cheese and affection.
Here is a link to Dieter's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/dieter.vonpoopenwolf